domingo, 1 de julho de 2007

An English message

" I remember one morning getting up at dawn, there was such a sense of possibility. You know, that feeling? And I remember thinking to myself: So, this is the beginning of happiness. This is where it starts. And of course there will always be more. It never occurred to me it wasn't the beginning. It was happiness. It was the moment."

Clarissa Vaughan. The Hours



When we have much to talk about an issue, it's common to lose the ability to say anything. To say the least, I have no idea on what to begin. Let's say I'd already written some words a couple of years ago, trying to deepen the nature of my feelings and understand the basic meanings of what was going on.

Moved by the same spirit, I try to write this letter now, with no real reader in fact. Maybe I should confess I have no real ideal of understanding anymore. At that time, I couldn't understand, but I tried to give some sense to life. Now, I simply can't understand. And that's all. Living is far more complex than reason. There are a certain number of things unvulnerable to explanation. Let's say, for instance, love.

Wasn't the mean price for love blindness, things would be much easier, I guess. However, how to overcome this? It's something we get used to living with, to say the truth, we usually forget the meaning of vision.

I have experienced this and, as everybody on Earth, suffered from this. It's been a hard time to understand these strong feelings inside myself. Oh, Gosh, make me believe in understanding again, then help me find this.

***

ARTE: "Mulher de cabelos amarelos" - Pablo Picasso

Nenhum comentário: